Sunday 19 December 2010

Wedding photography Hothorpe Hall - Lucy and Richard are married!

I was delighted to be able to step in and help out Lucy and Richard, who were married today at Hothorpe Hall. Their original photographer hadn't been able to get over from Ireland and, as Hothorpe Hall is just down the road for me, I was able to step in at the last minute.

Normally I've met the bride and groom several times before their wedding, sometimes I've met their parents and the bridal party too, and really got to know them. I met Lucy and Richard for the first time this morning and they were a joy to work with!

After their wedding ceremony everybody came outside for a group picture in the sub zero temperatures. Lucy and Richard were troopers and stayed outside for a little wander round the grounds where we got some lovely images against the snow clad Hothorpe Hills.

I left them just as they went into their wedding breakfast, but here's a little taster of their fabulous day (special thanks to Toastmaster Alan Cockayne for taking the group shot while I was upstairs taking an image of the whole wedding party):























Many congratulations Lucy and Richard! It was lovely to be there to record your day and I hope you enjoy the images.

1 comment:

RichAustin said...

Thank you so much Nigel, for stepping in at the last moment with such ease. We felt very relaxed and comfortable with you straight away. You made the photo session such fun - we didn't even notice the sub-zero temperatures! We love the photos we have seen so far and can't wait to see more...
Thanks again for recording our special day, Luce and Rich.