Wednesday 14 July 2010

A hint of Santorini

Whilst our recent week in Santorini was a great break - with temperatures in, I'd guess, the mid 30's each day - I did take a camera (or two!).

It wasn't the right time of year (lightwise) to photograph some of the iconic images of Santorini that you have probably seen in calendars and postcards, so I concentrated on abstracts, patterns, textures and colours which, apart from one or two obvious images, could have been anywhere with a similar climate (there is a cunning reason for this).

So here is a small selection of my favourites, the first two, perhaps, a little bit more obviously Santorini:





These were the winding steps down to the hotel next to ours. What a fabulous view each day!



What's a Greek urn, as the old joke goes? Well, this pot was just outside of the steps where we stayed and I took one or two images of it in different light. This is my favourite:



I loved the simple pattern of these white steps and the shadow in Oai:



This was a close up of part of the hotel next door:



The reflection of some of the parasols in 'our' pool:



The best seats in the house for watching the sunset:



A litle Greek kitten (aaaaaahhh):



And, last one in this post, a classic holiday view (!):



More to follow.

No comments: