Sunday 15 June 2008

Am I going deaf?

Last week I bought a Nikon D300 to supplement the two D200's I work with, and I've been waiting for the right opportunity to test it at a high ISO setting to see if it lives up to the rave reviews it's been getting.

That chance can yesterday evening when I helped out friend and fellow photographer Paul Winterton at the annual shoot he does at the St Joseph's In The Park school in Hertingfordbury, at their Parents Fellowship Summer Ball.









After Paul and I had captured all of the glamorous guests arriving I shot one or two images around the marquee before leaving him to it.

The images below, of the band in action, were shot using available light in the marquee, at an ISO setting of 1600, on a 70 - 200 f2.8 lens. I think the camera absolutely lives up to it's promise when you look at the lack of noise (hence me querying whether I'm going deaf!) in the enlarged section of the image of the double bass player in action.







All I can say is WOW!

No comments: